ASX: Mogul Completes AU$3.97m Placement
11 December 2019
Mogul Completes AU$3.97m Placement
Well supported placement to assist Mogul’s growth through 2020
- AU$3.97 million raised in a well supported, oversubscribed placement
- Funds to fast track monetisation of the Mogul platform through 2020 and continued innovation of Mogul’s market-leading tournament platform
- Mogul owns and operates the mogul.gg tournament platform – the world’s most advanced pure-play online esports tournament and matchmaking platform
Esports Mogul Limited (ASX: ESH) (Mogul or the Company), the world’s most advanced pure-play online esports tournament platform, is pleased to announce it has received binding commitments to raise AU$3.97m in a well supported placement led by CPS Capital. The Placement was offered to select sophisticated, professional, and institutional investors exempt from disclosure under s708 of the Corporations Act. The Placement was priced at 1c.
Mogul’s Managing Director, Gernot Abl, commented:
“We’re pleased to have received such significant support for this placement, raising a total of AU$3.97 million. Investor appetite well exceeded the Company’s placement capacity. Our achievements as a company over the past few months including signing some of the largest names in esports, enhancing our product offering, and securing Cameron Adams as a director of the Company have been well recognised by the market.
“We now look forward to next year as we seek to capitalise on our world-class technology platform, further developing our monetisation strategies, and continuing to secure partnerships with industry leading esports brands and organisations.”
The Company expects to complete allotment of the shares to be issued under the placement on or before Wednesday, 18 December 2019.
Under the Placement, the Company will issue 397 million fully paid ordinary shares to investors. Further, subject to shareholder approval to be sought at the next general meeting of the Company, the Company proposed to issue each participant one Option for every two shares acquired in the Placement. The Options will be Unlisted Options exercisable at $0.02 expiring 23 July 2021, being an existing class of Unlisted Options on issue in the Company.
Jason Peterson, Managing Director of the Lead Manager, CPS Capital said:
“We’re pleased to have supported Mogul in raising AU$3.97 million in this placement. We’ve seen the significant progress the Mogul team have made since commercial launch of the Mogul Branded Hubs model in August 2019, and are excited to be part of their future.”
The funds raised in this Placement will be used to further support the rollout of Mogul’s Branded Hubs Technology, accelerate revenue-generating activities, further international partner expansion and continued innovation of Mogul’s world-class tournament platform.
The Placement was completed at 1c being a 19.2% discount to the Company’s Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) over the last 15 days in which the Company’s shares were traded, being 1.24c per share prior to the Placement being announced.
Shares issued under the Placement will rank equally with existing fully paid ordinary shares and will be issued within the Company’s existing placement capacity under ASX Listing Rule 7.1 and 7.1A (235,428,141 under Listing Rule 7.1 and 161,571,859 under Listing Rule 7.1A)
CPS Capital, who acted as Lead Manager, received a 1% Management Fee on all funds raised and a 5% Placement Fee on funds raised through CPS Capital.
About Esports Mogul (ASX:ESH)
Esports Mogul Limited (ASX: ESH) (Mogul or the Company) is an ASX listed esports media and software business.
Mogul owns and operates the mogul.gg tournament platform – the world’s most advanced pure-play online esports tournament and matchmaking platform with automation for major esports titles, including in platform chat and streaming functionality.
Mogul’s platform attracts esports teams, tournament organisers, influencers, community groups, game publishers, and players of any skill level with a centralised esports offering built on an industry leading tournament and matchmaking platform.
- Gamers join the mogul.gg community to compete for glory, cash and prizes in all the major esports game titles – cross-platform and title agnostic
- Game publishers are able to reduce the cost of grassroots esports activations, supporting their game titles through Branded Hubs
- Esports teams get better fan engagement and active participation while building new revenue streams through team memberships, branded tournaments, and fan subscriptions
- Tournament organisers, influencers, and community groups can run their own online events – improving player experience, monetising their audience, reducing operating costs, and saving time in event administration and management