ASX: Mogul Launches the Age of Empires II Asia Cup alongside Microsoft
16 April 2020
Mogul Launches the Age of Empires II Asia Cup alongside Microsoft
Largest Age of Empires tournament in Asia’s history to be hosted on Mogul’s innovative esports platform
- Mogul has launched the Age of Empires II Asia Cup across 10 markets in the Asia-Pacific region
- Largest Age of Empires II Definitive Edition tournament in Asia’s history to be co-promoted by Microsoft
- Integration of the popular game title complete for automated match resulting
- Language localised Branded Hubs launched in Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Japanese and Korean alongside English
- Mogul will receive US$70,000 in project fees for the tournament series, associated tournament administration tools and utilisation of its world-class tournament admin
- The Age of Empires II Asia Cup to run over the next 12 months with four 3-month long seasons with a final climax in 2021
Esports Mogul Limited (ASX: ESH) (Mogul or the Company), owner of the world’s most advanced pure-play online esports tournament platform, is pleased to advise that the Company has successfully launched the Asia region’s largest Age of Empires II Definitive Edition tournament in history, the Age of Empires II Asia Cup.
Mogul has now launched the 12-month free-to-play tournament series via their Branded Hubs as a centralised place for fans of Age of Empires to engage with the iconic game title in competitive play. The Company will receive US$70,000 in project fees for providing the Mogul platform, tournament administration tools, utilisation of its world-class tournament admin and associated Branded Hubs.
The Branded Hubs are supported by the Mogul platform’s proprietary localisation technology, allowing gamers to play and interact with others in their native language. In addition to the English language hub, five localised versions of the Age of Empires II Asia Cup tournament hubs will be launched in Thai, Vietnamese, Indonesian, Japanese and Korean. All versions of the tournament can be accessed through http://aoe2.mogul.gg/
The tournament series will be co-promoted by both Mogul and Microsoft, with the finals in 2021 being publicised and broadcast by Microsoft directly on their own channels.
In collaboration with Microsoft and their Age of Empires development team, Mogul has enabled game title integration which allows automated match resulting, a system that enhances user experience for gamers as they can instantly track their match result, but also significantly reduces administration costs.
Managing Director, Gernot Abl, commented:
“Mogul is thrilled to have worked with the team at Microsoft and Age of Empires to launch this tournament series across the Asia-Pacific region and bring competitive play to the long-standing game franchise’s latest release, Age of Empires II Definitive Edition. This partnership and tournament series really demonstrates Mogul’s technological ability with 5 localised Branded Hubs alongside the English Hub and automated match resulting. This capability simultaneously enables Mogul to bring new opportunities to game publishers while delighting gaming communities. We can’t wait to see the next 12-months evolve!”
Age of Empires II Definitive Edition is an iconic real time strategy (RTS) game which first launched in 1997 that defined the RTS genre and continues to be played by generations of gamers across a variety of PC gaming systems.
The first season of tournament qualifiers is now live. Qualifier seasons are run in a competitive ladder format and stretch over four 3-month long seasons including a last chance qualifier. From each season, the top 16 players will advance to the ultimate climax final, the Age of Empires II Asia Cup Major in early 2021. The prize pool includes Razer Silver and US$5,000 cash for winners throughout the 12-month series. The tournament can be found through http://aoe2.mogul.gg/
About Mogul – mogul.gg
Esports Mogul Limited (ASX: ESH) (Mogul or the Company) is an ASX listed esports media and software business.
Mogul owns and operates the mogul.gg tournament platform – the world’s most advanced pure-play online esports tournament and matchmaking platform with automation for major esports titles, including in platform chat and streaming functionality.
Mogul’s platform attracts esports teams, tournament organisers, influencers, community groups, game publishers, and players of any skill level with a centralised esports offering built on an industry leading tournament and matchmaking platform.
- Gamers join the mogul.gg community to compete for glory, cash and prizes in all the major esports game titles – cross-platform and title agnostic
- With commercialisation in place, Mogul offers a revenue-generating monthly subscription feature, named Mogul VIP, where platform users can subscribe for exclusive VIP tournaments, bonus cash winnings and unlock more perks
- Game publishers are able to reduce the cost of grassroots esports activations, supporting their game titles through Branded Hubs
- Esports teams get better fan engagement and active participation while building new revenue streams through team memberships, branded tournaments, and fan subscriptions
- Tournament organisers, influencers, and community groups can run their own online events – improving player experience, monetising their audience, reducing operating costs, and saving time in event administration and management